OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH | CHRIST EMBASSY CHURCH (NORTH YORK)
This is the statement of Bible doctrine as believed and taught by the Christ Embassy. This statement of faith has its source in the Bible and is in total agreement with the foundational principles of the doctrines of Christ.
1. We believe that the Bible contains the inspired and infallible Word of God.
(2 Tim3:16; 2Pet1:20-21)
2. We believe that there is only God eternally existent in three (3) persons; God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
(Eph 4:5-6; 1Cor 8:16; Gen1:26; Mt 3:16-17)
3. We believe in the deity of Christ.
(Jn1:1-4; Jn10:30; Heb 1:1-5)
a. He was born of a virgin (Mt 1:18-25; Lk 1:30-35)
b. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit (Mt 1:18-25; Lk 1:30-35)
c. He died (Jn 19: 30-35)
d. He rose again from the dead bodily (Jn 20:25-29; Lk 24:36-40)
e. He ascended into heaven bodily (1 Thess 4: 6-17; Mt 24:29-30)
4. We believe in the rapture of the church and the Second Coming of Christ.
(1 Thess 4:16-17; Mt 24:29-30)
5. We believe that the only means of being cleansed from sin is repentance and faith in the precious blood of Jesus.
(Acts 3:19; Lk 24:47; Eph 1:7)
6. We believe regeneration by the power of the Holy Spirit through the Word of God is essential for personal salvation.
(Tit 2:5; Jn 3:3-5; Eph 5:25-27)
7. We believe that the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides divine healing for the body, salvation for the soul of everyone that believes.
(1Peter 2:24; Acts 3:16; Acts 9:32-35; Acts 1:8; 2:4; 3:1-26; 4:5-12)
8. We believe that when an individual receives the Holy Spirit, he receives divine enablement for Christian service and witness. (Acts 1:8; 2:4; 3:1-26; 4:5-12)
9. We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit.
(Rm 15:16; 1 Cor 6:11)
10. We believe in the final resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the former to eternal life and the latter to eternal judgment.
(Rev 20:11-15; 1 Cor 15:12-23)